GSIS is located on ten and one-half acres of garden grounds surrounded by green belt property in the exciting and developing city of Suwon. The main academic building greets visitors arriving to the campus and includes high school, middle school, and elementary divisions. The academic building includes an information technology center (info-tech and library/media/computer center) that will be the core for all educational programs. The info-tech center is the conduit to worldwide research for students and faculty members as well as the hub for a wireless computer network throughout the campus. The info-tech center also allows students to connect to research databases housed both on the school server and at web-based sites. The library circulation resources are computerized to enable convenient and efficient searches by students and faculty members.
"World class" middle school and high school science labs and classrooms support the inquiry-based curriculum and enable engaging, hands-on instruction. Also in the academic building, students have easy access to a fully equipped cafeteria where hot nutritional meals are served in a clean and comfortable environment. A school clinic and health services office provide limited health services to faculty and students via the full-time, registered nurse. The academic facility contains spacious classrooms, teacher work areas, meeting and function rooms, hallways, counseling services suites, and administrative offices.
Adjacent to the academic building is a performing arts center with fine arts classrooms and laboratories. This facility includes a five-hundred seat performing arts auditorium, choral and instrumental classrooms, music practice rooms, drama rooms, and visual arts laboratories.
A recreational and fitness educational center inclusive of a regulation-sized soccer pitch, two full sized gymnasiums, tennis courts, a regulation-sized swimming pool, and other supporting facilities for physical fitness development sits at rear of the campus. Community based programs will be designed to maximize the use of this recreational center. A safe and secure playground area to provide stimulating children's fitness programs is located adjacent to the academic building near the elementary division area.
All buildings are energy efficient, modern, attractive, sensitive to the environment, and handicapped accessible with climate controlled technology. The entire campus is secured with various human and electronic surveillance strategies and equipment.
The school has contracted a fleet of modern buses to provide transportation for students through strategic areas of Suwon and the surrounding Gyeonggi province. Late buses will be available for students who participate in after-school activities.
By Car via Gyungbu Expressway
- Exit #44-Suwon/Shingal IC from GyungBu Express Highway.
- Stay left after going through the toll gate, follow the road to Suwon inner city (National Road #42). Proceed 2.5 km and make a U turn at the bottom of the overpass.
- After the U turn, turn right immediately at the first street, just past the Premium Outlet shopping mall.
- Proceed approximately .8 km and GSIS will be on your right.
By Subway via Bundang Line
- Use the subway to Suwon via Bundang Line.
- Exit #4 at CheongMyung station and go straight for about 130m.
- Turn right onto a footpath from CheongMyung overpass and go straight for about 400m.
- You will see a modest little park and GSIS is across from the end of footpath.
- From Suwon Station, it is best to travel by taxi (taxi stand is directly in front of the main entry to the station). It will take 25-45 minutes depending on traffic and will cost a little over 6,000 KRW.